Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's been a while!

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted anything. I used to be the kind of person that took pictures of everything, but lately I just haven't really felt like taking pictures, so this post will be lacking in that department! This summer has been really fun for Tyler and I. In June, we went to Lake Powell, which was a blast. The end of July I went to St. George for a girl's trip with my sisters, mom and nephew. So much fun! To see pics and here about that trip go to my sister's blog here..http://robandlinds.blogspot.com/2011/08/annual-girl-time.html She is the best blogger and has taken more pics of me this summer than I have! While I was gone to St George, Tyler started football camp with Weber State. A few days after I got home, and with lost of praying and discussing, we decided that Tyler would not be returning to the football team this year. To explain our/his reasons for this; Ty hasn't been happy in football for a while now, but we couldn't pass up that amazing scholarship that he was getting. The environment of a college football player was just so discouraging for him. If you know Tyler, you know how soft-hearted and laid back he is, well being around 100 football players (and coaches!) that drop the f-bomb and talk about the most profain things, let's just say, it started to wear on him immensely. Ty started to act differently, not as happy and just didn't enjoy playing the game anymore. After we made the decision for him to quit, we both felt really good about our decision and haven't regretted it since. Tyler got right to work applying for jobs and in a few days, found a great one! He is now working w/a roofing company, his job is to remove all the old shingles off of roofs that the company is re-doing. He likes it, even though he is so tired after! I told him, welcome to the real world! Haha. It seems like it's going to work out great because they will work with him and his school schedule which is awesome! Ty starts school this Monday and has some pretty hard classes this semester, but I know he'll do great! My job is still going good, same old, same old. :) We are so blessed for all the opportunities and blessing that we have in our life together. I felt so comforted when we were making such a big decision to be able to pray to our Heavenly Father for an answer, (if he should or shouldn't quit football), and right after we felt really good about it. Tyler is so much happier now and you know what they say, happy husband, happy wife, happy life! Haha. Tyler and I are so thankful for everything that we have. On a totally different subject, I have found a new blog that I love... I don't even know who she is, but she has a great blog where she posts DIY projects, decorating ideas, etc. And I've gotten great ideas for a baby room (not yet, one day!) so check it out, she's so cute..littlemissmomma.com. Here are some pics from our adventures...

A much happier husband! (wearing katelyn's awesome shorts!)

 Katelyn and I at the Washington water park on our girl's trip
Cute Drakey, gotta love him!


5 comments:

  1. I was so happy to see you were blogging again. What a wonderful post...we had no idea Tyler wasn't happy playing football anymore. What great respect we have for both of you to recognize the reason and then to act on it. You are a beautiful and exemplary couple! Love you! Aunt Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stac - I'm so glad to hear you are doing well! I can only imagine how hard it was for you to make a decision like that but what a great way for you to grow as a couple, you will be better for it! :) Hope you're all doing well! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stac, I'm so inspired by you both. That's a huge decision and one that has a lot of factors. You both took a leap of faith and did what you knew was right. That is so neat. And I'm glad Ty found a job so quickly. Blessings everywhere, huh?!

    Your blog is looking very cute, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you finally posted! I like it, I love it, I want some more of it. Keep posting! And I'm excited for Ty. He does seem so much happier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! We are so happy with the way things are turning out. It was a leap of faith, but sometimes you have to take those for other opportunities to arise! Love you all. Thanks for reading and posting!

    ReplyDelete