Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fair and Family Time!

This past week was the good ole' Box Elder County Fair! Tyler and I didn't get to participate in ALL of the weekly activities (that's what happens when you go to school and work full time) but we were able to spend the weekend up in Tremonton and so we didn't completely miss out. On Friday night was my sister Katelyn's first football game of the year to cheer at. She did so good! After the game, we took Drake out to the fair to ride on some rides (yes, it was 10 pm and yes we may have been taking him there for our own enjoyment since it was way past his bedtime!) He had so much fun but by the end he was very tired, as you will be able to see in the pictures! The rides he went on were the monster trucks, space ships, carousel, and a couple others. He loved spinning around and waving at us each time, it was so cute. I love having a nephew, he makes me so excited to one day have a child of my own! Saturday we slept in and then Mom, Linds, Drake and Hannah went out to the fair for some yummy lunch! Me and my mom had the Pauni Island food (the Pauni's are the polynesians from Logan that had an Extremem Home Makeover, the TV show.) It was delicious but expensive, $10 for half a plate of food, I don't think so! We walked around the booths for a while but got super hot and sweaty! We went home and tore our clothes off and were down to our g's, when good old Uncle B walked in the door! Haha Guess we should've remembered to lock the door! That night we went to the rodeo. It was just the same as every year, but still very fun! My best friend Kara met up with Tyler and I and it was so good so see her and hang out for a couple hours. Sunday was my mom's birthday! I won't tell you how old she is because she doesn't look it one bit! All the kids and dad made mom a delicious Sunday meal, it felt like old times. We need to remember to do that once a month! For her b-day, mom got an ultimate spa package with all the amenities from dad and the kids, Ty and I gave her a couple other things that are a add-on to her package. Linds and Rob gave her a super cute clock to go outside on the deck. We concluded the night with a fun skype call from Hunter, who is away at college at SUU in Cedar City. This weekend was a great one, I always love spending time with my family, now this coming weekend we will be going up to Lava Hot Springs to spend the weekend w/Ty's family! We are so lucky!
Mom's face is hilarious! Having fun at the BR game

Rodeo

Little Cowboy Drake (or as Rob says; once a year cowboy)

Having fun riding rides for the first time!



Happy B-day mom and Hunter's hilarious web cam pics!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Who is that cute little cowboy with you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 the Box Elder County Fair. That is all.

    ReplyDelete